Being the fiend that I am, Halloween is the one day each year I truly look forward too, making the entire month of October a great preamble to that exciting night. Here is a list of things to do to get in the Halloween spirit all month long, along with things that I am doing.
- Watch Horror movies & TV shows: This year I’ve been watching Witching and Bitching, All Cheerleaders Must Die, Horns, Dracula Untold, American Horror Story, Walking Dead.
- Read Horror Books: Dr. Sleep, A Night in the Lonesome October.
- Go to Halloween Stores: Visiting places like Halloween Spirit, or Aahs is a great way to get in the Halloween mood. Don’t forget to get a costume or two there.
- Go to local stores: Anywhere from Target to Walgreens all have great Halloween sections, making shopping much more interesting in October.
- Visit haunted house and maze attractions: These are popping up everywhere and are great for a quick scare, or spooky encounter. Probably the best ones out there are the LA Steamer’s Ghost Train, Universal Halloween Horror Nights, & Knott’s Scary Farm.
- Check out local home haunts: There is nothing cooler than seeing your neighborhood decked out with monsters, or visiting that home haunter’s house with a haunted house masterpiece. This year I visited quite a few of them and will be posting a separate article on them later.
- Going to a pumpkin patch: It’s not true Halloween without the tradition of carving a pumpkin, so start sharpening the knives.
- Decorate your own home for Halloween: Nothing says Halloween spirit then living in your own haunted house. Don’t forget to create your very own Halloween Mood Zones…
- Eat monster cereal: It’s not October without Count Chocula, Franken Berry or Boo Berry in the morning.
I hope this list will be of help for your Halloween cravings, for October is definitely the best month of the year…